11.29.2005

Tai ni ikitai!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A couple of weeks ago, I took a short trip to Thailand.


I stayed with my friend Nok, her wonderful parents and their two friendly cats.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

You can't tell by looking at Nok, but her mom is an AMAZING cook!





Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thailand is a wonderful place.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everything about it feels full of life and energy.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Even the guard statues to their temples look like they're alive.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I could have sworn that these ones sing when no one is around.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hello little friend!




Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thailand makes you want to smile nonstop.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I mean, look at how they decorate their temples.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


It's all so full of life, that it almost hurt my eyes to look around.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com




Good thing Nok and I bought some new, fancy sunglasses.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com




Thailand makes you feel alive

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

and it makes you feel GOOD about being alive.

Look at this girl. . .

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's safe to say she has a rather substantial backside, but does she look depressed about it?
Not in the slightest. In fact, I might even venture to say she's flaunting it.


Even Ronald McDonald is caught up in the energy of Thailand.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


He just can't help himself.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I don't blame him.

What's NOT to love about a place that uses little magic plastic discs for train tokens
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


so that every time you use one, you feel like you're going for a ride at a carnival or something.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Nok and I did all sorts of fun things.

Like going to an amaaaazing market


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Where you can get THE BEST THAI ICED TEA I'VE EVER HAD
in a plastic bag
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


and refreshing frozen fruity things on a stick
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Now, THIS was a serious bookstore
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


and this was serious bike parking lot.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I tried all kinds of amazing foods that I'd never seen before
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


But, I have to admit. . . one of the most unique experiences I had was going to the movies.
It wasn't your ordinary theater, it was one the many luxury theaters they have all over Bangkok. For the meager price of about ten dollars (that's half what it costs to see a movie at any regular theater in Japan) you can be treated like royalty.
After buying my ticket, I walked down a red carpet between red velvet ropes and through a pair of glass doors with a big gold star painted on the middle of them. I entered the VIP bar/ lounge, where, had I arrived on time, I could sit in big cushion-y velvet chairs and enjoy my complimentary cocktail and snack, while browsing through magazines and putting my feet up on shiny dark wood tables.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Although I was late, I walked into the theater that had nothing in it but huge red leather recliners, each with their own wooden table, and care package. On each seat, there was a bag that contained a pillow, a soft blanket (better than the one on the plane, that's for sure), and a new pair of socks.

I figured out the remote control for the recliner, before I opened the care package and discovered the socks.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Thank you Thailand for your hospitality. I thoroughly enjoyed you. And thank you Nok for being a fantastic tour guide, you were definitely my favorite thing about Thailand (and that's saying a lot.)




1 Comments:

Blogger KAMN! said...

i just wanted to comment that i was with you when you bought the green shoes displayed so nicely in this entry. i feel interconnected through time and space. *space noises*

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home