11.09.2005

Nikko is Nippon


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Last Sunday, my friend Lynett and I went hiking in Nikko.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Lynett also works for the Jet Programme, and our apartments are only a five minute bike ride appart.
(Credit where credit is due: All photos of myself were taken by Lynett.)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Before we started our hike, we checked out the lovely waterfall, whose name escapes me.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Oooooooooooo. . . Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!!
Right?
Believe you me, this photo doesn't do it justice.

Right now, Nikko is in it's peak leaf changing season (Which also has a name that I can't seem to remember at 3 in the morning. Maybe I should have put my blogging off until I had some decent sleep. . . ) Everything was covered in leaves of red, orange and gold. It was AMAAAAAAAZING! And I am not just saying that because I always do.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


After the hour or so hike up the mountain, we took a look around. . .

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

(Doesn't everyone wear a skirt when they go hiking?)

. . .and then we had a coffee break.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here I am going to take a little moment to introduce you to my friend Lynett.
She's Canadian. She's a wonderful, down to earth person, with a really funny, sarcastic side. She used to work at an aquarium and I like listening to her stories about animals that live in water. She's great. You wish YOU knew her in real life. I am very, very lucky.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This bridge is famous. . .

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

. . .but not very useful. No one is allowed to walk on it yet.

Monkey boogers anyone?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No thanks. I don't think they're vegan.

I forget, does the 7 Eleven at home carry tiny bottles of magic health elixers?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I know we don't have these. . .

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This was a cross between yaki onigiri and dango. . . and it was de-licious.

Lynett and I ended our amazing day at one of my favorite restaurants.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The food is good, the little old lady that runs it is awesome but the atmosphere takes the cake.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The walls and parts of the ceiling are covered with all sorts of things left behind by customers who felt compelled to make their own personal mark.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Can you find what I left behind here a year ago?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is a picture of me as a man. . . with really bad hat hair.
(Yet I still put it on the internet, at least you know I have nothing to hide)

"The aromatic scent of cocoa will give you a refreshment and a hearty satisfaction."

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Canned hot beverages at vending machines on every corner.
That and really bad English are two of my favorite things about Japan.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

peace.

7 Comments:

Blogger ms. tea said...

canned hot beverages! who could ask for more?

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh little udon house, where I was schooled in the art of big noodle slurping.
Your button's on the wall!

6:22 AM  
Blogger melissa said...

Good memories and good eye, Andy B.

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wear skirts on hikes.

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha - that restaurant with all the notes on the wall is my favourite japanese food restaurant in the whole of Japan!

7:56 PM  
Blogger KAMN! said...

as much as i loved every can of hot red-bean drink, i could never make it more than about halfway. something about the actual physical sensation of teeth rotting just grosses me out.

i remember that hiking outfit! if i do say so, thats the outift that was a shining beacon of light to a very cold, very VERY tired, and very confused cameron somewhere late at night at ikebukuro-eki...when i realized with dread that there was more than one exit from the JR line, and that those feisty japanese payphones had eaten my last coins.

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come home - now -PLEASE :(

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home