9.27.2005

sights seen

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Like any responsible tourist, I did my fair share of sight seeing while I was in Matsushima.
These are my crappy tourist shots.
(Kent, I hope you never see this. If you do, you have every right to be disappointed in me. When I get in tourist mode, it's like I forget everything I ever learned in photo. I have no one to blame but myself.)


Sassy Statue

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
If only this statue could talk. I'm sure we'd become the best of friends.
Him (her?) with his sarcasm, and me with my lameness to provide him with all the material he needs to tease me.

Caves!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

aaaaand. . . MORE CAVES!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The caves were my favorite tourist attraction. The monks dug these into the rock to make small areas to meditate in. In reminded me of being a kid hiding in a closet, or building a fort to be alone with my thoughts. There's something that feels good about being in a small place all to yourself.

This minivan must belong to the toughest soccer mom ever.
I bet they win all their games, and that she gives them lemon wedges instead of oranges and tells them to just deal with it.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This, is a pond.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Which was next to this rock garden.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Which is where I saw this tree.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I felt sorry for this poor, unfortunate tree. I wonder what happened to it that made it end up in a full body cast on crutches.


One of many bridges over the bay

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And this is me, in front of a bridge over the bay.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I know, I'm not a tourist attraction (YET. . . one can always hope. . .) But maybe you miss my face as much as I miss yours. Well, just in case, there you have it.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dork.

loved it.

3:10 AM  
Blogger melissa said...

aaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!

who are you anonymous commentor and lover of my blog? you think i'm a dork, so that narrows things down to just about anyone. . .

who are you? who are you? it's killing me.

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home