11.30.2005

THE FUNNEST THING I'VE EVER DONE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Seriously.


And I know fun. . .I've tried all sorts of fun things in my life. I've seen and heard incredible artists and musicians. I've been to many wonderful places. I've even filed my own taxes, but I have to say that "Shower Climbing" is by far the most fun thing I've ever done.


Seriously.


How does one climb a shower? you ask. Well, I'm so glad you did.
Shower climbing is like hiking, repelling, swimming, and river rafting all rolled into one. I went about a month ago, with my friend Lynette, and two of my Japanese teachers, Suzuki Sensei and Sakuma Sensei.


The first thing you have to do is put on two, very thick wetsuits, a pair of water shoes, an extra vest, a helmet, and a flap over your butt (that we'll get into later). This ensures that you stay warm, and that you look nice and fat. It's awesome.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



You start out hiking along, and if you're me, you're wondering why you're wearing a helmet.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Meanwhile, the wonderful tourguide makes you wish you had been doing a better job studying your Japanese, so you could understand all the interesting facts he's sharing about the nature surrounding you.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com




For example, the fact that Japanese people think that this river looks like a mustache
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



And that's why this place is named "Mount Sneezy" in Japanese
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



The next thing you know, you're walking THROUGH the river, rather than along it. Then you're climbing up along waterfalls feeling very thankful for your helmet and non-slip shoes.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Here's Lynette passing under a waterfall. . .
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


There goes Suzuki Sensei. . .
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I was a little less graceful than either of them. . .
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

my non-slip shoes slipped.



Remember the butt flaps?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Here we are getting ready to use them. . .
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



TO SLIDE DOWN THE RIVER!!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Wild Rivers has nothing on Mt. Sneezy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com




So much fun.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


When the day was done, we were all exhausted, and all we wanted to do was get home.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We were so tired that none of us noticed as we passed our stop, and ended up having to wait for what felt like forever to get going in the right direction again.

But I'd get lost a hundred times if that's what it took to go shower climbing (I'd probably get lost a hundred times anyways). Seriously. Shower climing is the funnest thing of all time.

2 Comments:

Blogger ms. tea said...

i wanna go i wanna go

ps. that water looks cold

10:42 AM  
Blogger melissa said...

it WAS cold! we were the last ones to go this season, but if it starts up again while you're out here, we'll go FOR SURE.

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home