3.16.2006

The Finger

So, after talking to Greg last night, I decided to see a doctor about my finger. (I consult Greg with all of my medical/ emotional issues for two reasons: one, he's not afraid of putting me in my place, and two, he never sleeps.)


I showed the school nurse, she seemed to know what was wrong, and told me that I needed to go to the clinic. I asked her what they were going to do, and a rough translation of what she said was, "They are going to cut your finger open and stick drugs in it." I nodded and asked her to draw me a map.


The doctor was nice enough. He had me sit down in front of his tray of goodies while he asked a few questions. Then he started swabbing that iron colored liquid all over my finger, and I tried to stay tough while waiting for the worst part to get started. I looked at him with a grimace and a brave smile, and he looked at me like I was crazy. Then he put some greasy stuff all over it and wrapped it up. Only at the end did I realize that he wasn't going to cut my finger.


But, this is what he did do. . .

Image hosting by Photobucket


and it has to stay that way until Friday.

I feel like a big dork. This thing is bigger than the time a couple of years ago, when they bandaged me up because I really DID cut my finger.

I also have to take drugs, which I never do. My body, like most things in life, generally tends to take care of itself. But it's the doctor's orders, and I don't know enough Japanese to argue with him.

(Are you happy now, Greg? I went to the doctor AND I'm taking drugs. I don't even know who I am anymore.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

melissa. you know I love you and I have a great deal of compassion for you, so i do hope you will forgive me when i tell you that I laughed out loud when i read this. It then turned hysterical when i saw the photograph. bless you darling. bless you.

Trust the Japanese doctor though to go to crazy lengths.

by the way, I agree completely about the not taking medication thing - I havent taken pain killers or antibiotics in years.

much love. a giggly Prem (who really DOES hope your finger is alright...)
xxxxx

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home