1.03.2006

And so it begins. . .

Ok, ok, the time has finally come for the post holiday catch up. Sorry for the delay, I hope it's worth the wait. . .


Brace yourself.

We had a Christmas party at the same orphanage we had the Halloween party in October. You know what that means. . . I'm about to bombard you with photos of kids that I think are both amazing and adorable.




Image hosted by Photobucket.com




That's Erika on the left. Although she blends in with the kids, she's an ALT like myself. She's actually one of my favorite people in Japan, and she lives about a five minute bike ride away from my apartment. Now isn't that convenient? Why, yes. Yes it is.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com





This is Prem. . .

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

She's also an ALT, and coincidentally, also one of my favorite people in Japan. She's always saying things that freak me out with their amazingness. Just yesterday, she said something and I made her stop walking and take a look at my face, because it was saying how impressed I was much better than my words ever could.

Oh, and by the way. . . she's magical. What's not to love?



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This little boy is an angel. Not only did he remember me from last time, and was quick to give me a hug, but he was also quick to grab a broom and be super helpful during clean up time.



Do you remember this little girl?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

She's the one that loved having her picture taken last time. Apparently, a lot can change in a couple of months, and this time, she thought it was much more fun to cover her face or the camera lens rather than be photographed. So, instead, I lent her my camera and she took the rest of these photos.



It started out a little rough. . .

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


But, once I showed her how much better the pictures look when she keeps her fingers off the lens, things started to improve. . .

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

(This little girl was wonderful, by the way. She's a Jr. High student, could speak a little English and was very patient with my Japanese. We totally bonded, mostly by talking about boys, but it was still awesome.)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Poor Rudolf



Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Pretty good, right? I wish I could take that little girl with me everywhere. I wonder if I could hire her to be my permanent photographer? Hmmmm. . . .




ok, that's it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

goood times...

4:22 AM  
Blogger Joshua Powell said...

I happened upon your blog when I searched for "waterfalls in nikko." I'm an ALT living in Saitama as well. These pictures of the kids are great - looks like I really missed out by not attending the christmas party!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Joshua Powell said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home